If you check the health of a woman, you check the health of society
- Rebecca Milner
Sport and Spine is now treating women’s health conditions at both our Albany and Corvallis locations. We are a group of out-patient orthopedic physical therapists specializing in pelvic floor treatment. Our program is designed by women for women. We know this is a delicate topic and strive to treat our patients in a gentle and compassionate manner that puts them at ease and allows them to participate fully in reaching their goals.
(We treat with integrity and compassion allowing patients to return to their everyday activities without pain and dysfunction.)
Women’s Health Issues:
We understand that many women suffer silently with pelvic floor dysfunction which can lead to urinary or bowel incontinence as well as pelvic pain. We are here to let you know that although these issues may be common, they are in many cases easily treatable! Women who identify with any of the following conditions can benefit from pelvic heath physical therapy.
- Urinary urgency or incontinence
- Leaking or urine or stool
- Constipation, diarrhea, or issues related to IBS
- Interstitial cystitis/Painful bladder syndrome
- Pain with intercourse
- Decreased sensation or orgasm during intercourse
- Inability to use a tampon
- Pelvic pain
- Recovery from abdominal surgery: C-section, Endometriosis laparoscopy etc.
- Pain related to endometriosis
- Pregnancy pain and/or SI dysfunction
- Labor trauma or tearing
- Post-partum pain and weakness
- Low back pain
- Diastasis recti (separation of your abdominal muscles)
- Prolapse bladder or uterus.
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction: Pelvic organ prolapse, chronic constipation, bowel/bladder dysfunction (frequency, urgency, retention and/or incomplete emptying)
- Incontinence: Urinary (stress, urge, mixed, overflow), or fecal
- Pelvic Pain: Vulvodynia, vulvar vestibulitis, dyspareunia, vaginismus, coccydynia, levator ani syndrome, interstitial cystitis, endometriosis, painful defecation, anal and/or rectal pain
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Care: Obstetrical low back pain, sacroiliac joint pain, pubis symphysis, sciatica, diastasis recti
What to expect during your Initial Evaluation:
You will be seen by one of our specialists for an hour-long evaluation. The first part of your session will be filling out an initial questionnaire and telling us about your issues and needs. There will be a review of your medical history, diagnosis concerns and questions. You will be given a comprehensive musculoskeletal evaluation and an internal pelvic floor assessment if needed. (Permission must be given by patient to medical provider to have this done as part of the evaluation)
An internal assessment provides us with vital information on what muscles are tight, lax, weak or painful, and allows us to develop an individualized treatment plan that is right for your needs. We will also be better equipped to determine treatment frequency and length of treatment needed for your condition.
We will finish by going over the results of your exam to give you the tools you need to successfully reach your goals!
We are dedicated to improving women’s bladder, bowel and sexual health for you to Work, Live and Play……again!